Approximately 540 km, 7 ½ hours ride time
Route Starts and Finishes at Freedom H-D Ottawa
All roads are paved, many are secondary.
This is without a doubt one of our favorite ride. The route includes Centennial lake, Elephant Lake and Opeongo Roads among many other incredible roads. Our Route home will take us through Maynooth, where you can stop for gas and a butter tart treat then Combermere, Foymount and into Pakenham. This will be a full day of riding some of the nicest motorcycle roads in the Ontario Highlands, full of spectacular scenery, curves and hills. You will not regret the numb bum.
Tricky spots and need to know:
RIGHT turns from Calabogie 508 into Black Donald 508 and onto Centennial Lake Road..
RIGHT turn off of 41 onto 28.
These come up on you quick if your speed is too fast.
In Combermere: RIGHT off of Combermere 62 onto Palmer Road 515 then a quick LEFT onto Rockingham 68
The turn into The Olde Ridge BBQ is a RIGHT turn off of Loop Road 648.
The route bypasses downtown Renfrew via Opeongo Road and Airth Blvd, watch for these turns, they go through a small residential area.
- Almonte just after the traffic circle.
- Bancroft On your way out of town
- Maynooth at the intersection of 62 and 127
- Packenham at the intersection of Waba Road and County Rd 29
Food Stops –
- Griffith at the Pine Valley Restaurant, good for a stretch and a snack
- Bancroft – There are a number of places downtown, we like the Eagles nest, 183 Hastings St. It’s small but the food is really good.
- The Olde Ridge BBQ – http://theolderidge.wixsite.com/theolderidgebarbecue a must stop, the ribs and pulled pork are amazing. Have cash on hand he does not accept Debit or Credit.
- Maynooth, at Algonquin Butter Tarts – http://www.algonquingourmetbuttertarts.com/ also a must stop, this place is noted on the Butter tart tour.
- Packenham, at Scoops for Ice cream.
Alternate Route Home:
If you prefer a quick way back to the City , take the 417 from 20 Kinburn Side Road. To get back to the Dealership, take the 416 exit then Hunt Club east to Merivale Road and turn right onto Merivale.