Approximately 340 km, 5 hours ride time plus lunch and rest stop.
Route Starts and Finishes at Freedom H-D Ottawa.
All roads are paved, most are secondary
The route follows the backroads into Arnprior along River Road, then into Beachburg, Westmeath, Lapasse and Forresters Falls and into Cobden, then continues past Renfrew and follows more backroads through more villages before heading back into the City. You will enjoy some of the nicest views in the Valley and along the mighty Ottawa River.
Tricky Spots and Need to Know:
The entire route from Arnprior through the villages and into Cobden are true Farming Country roads.
Be watchful for sand and gravel on corners and shoulders as well as Farm Animal “debris” on the roads.
Please follow the posted speed limit and be considerate of the local traffic. Use single file when appropriate.
The RIGHT Turn off of Forresters Falls Road onto HWY 17 – please use caution at this turn, Traffic comes very fast over the hill and there are no lights here.
The next turn is a LEFT just past the Gas stop at the lights.
The route bypasses downtown Renfrew via Opeongo Road and Airth Blvd, watch for these turns, they go through a small residential area.
Gas stops :
- Arnprior just after you enter town.
- Cobden just after you enter town, use caution turning in, its left off the highway. The route Bypasses downtown Renfrew, it is strongly suggested you top up in Cobden.
- PJs in Arnprior https://pjsrestaurant.ca/
- Family Restaurant at the Cobden Gas Stop .
- Scoops Ice Cream in Pakenham.
- Bridges bar and Grill in Pakenham after the Scoops stop on your Right.
Alternate Route Home:
If you want to get back into the City the quick way, take the 417 off of Kinburn. To get back to the Dealership, take the 416 exit then Hunt Club east to Merivale Road and turn right onto Merivale.